Another grab bag of information for your enjoyment…
- The High Country News features an interesting article about “Arizona’s wild horse paradox: Activists and agencies try to balance the West’s horse mythology against herd impacts.”
- Speaking of wild horses, the creator of the excellent documentary Unbranded released a new documentary. “The River and The Wall” chronicles the journey along the proposed border using horses, watercraft, and other modes of travel.
- In some unsettling news, chronic wasting disease might start infecting people if people consume contaminated deer. That the disease might mutate and affect domestic livestock is also a major concern.
- A new Colorado Compact? “Seven states that rely on the Colorado River have finished a yearslong effort to create a plan to protect the waterway amid a prolonged drought, the federal government declared Tuesday.”
- A controversial plan to require reservations at Arches National Park has been tabled. For now.
- Finally, this video about typical hiker interactions on trails may seem familiar!