Another batch of outdoor news, musings, memes, or plain old “stuff” I find interesting!
- A newer series by the New York Times encompasses Overlooked Obituaries of influential people. People the New York Times did not publish at the time. The obituaries are of women, people of color, or others typically not spotlighted as much. Intriguing! And of interest to hikers? Grandma Gatewood’s obituary.
- Chuck Norris apparently lives in Colorado. And is a trail runner. “Colorado trail runner attacked by mountain lion choked cat to death with hands, arms and feet“
- Enjoy the distinctive font of National Park trail signs? You are not the only one. And now you can download the font to use in your documents courtesy of some industrious students.
- Living out West, and with the Colorado River now minutes from my home, the fate of The Colorado River basin never looms far from my thoughts. Another interesting bit from NPR about the politics for this river.
- A moment of silence for the creator of ibuprofen who passed away recently. Originally conjured up to cure a hangover, “Vitamin I” is now a staple of outdoor and endurance pursuits the world over.