As mentioned previously, I had to get all four wisdom teeth extracted. After many years of neglecting this routine maintenance, I had it done.
They never bothered me, so why do it? Well, my first cavity in 20+ years , on a wisdom tooth, was the catalyst. The good doc said “No more excuses..time to do it”.
So…here I am a day later.
And I feel great.
No pain, very minor swelling, no issues. Be it good DNA from peasant stock, being able to deal with curve balls or simply having a big mouth (most likely reason 😉 ), I was good to go by last night. The pain meds are tucked away in the medicine cabinet. And I am enjoying a much better, if less potent ,med known as a “pint of beer“. I may even get some skiing in Sunday.
Having a free day on a warm and sunny Colorado winter day, allowed me to catch up with many things on my TO DO list.
Having a full-time job, and a series of increasingly busy part-time jobs, means things tend to pile up. Though I was busy today, I feel energetic. Made me realize that a traditional 9-5 schedule is stifling and may be time to head out on my own…but that’s another tale to tell.
In any case, I was able to:
- Take care of some auto maintenance
- Bring my five-year old tele kit to the local ski shop for some needed maintenance, too
- Went over and restocked my ski tour repair kit (see above!)
- Did some boot maintenance just in time for the mixture of slush and snow found in this elevation of Colorado during winter
- Picked up some possible (additional!) free-lance work for a well-known outdoor magazine here in town.
- And finally tackled my website. After owning this site in one form or another for nearly twelve years, there were old links, photos no longer appearing, etc. A fairly major project, but it is cleaned up (for really old trip reports, I just put a generic link for all my photos.)
All in all, a wonderful gift of time. Since I do not plan on winning the lottery, getting an inheritance or coming into a trust fund, makes me realize it is almost time to start making my own gift of time. My IT skill set has grown, my part-time jobs are picking up and the someone has new job opportunities of her own esp. now that she has finished her masters degree and became a newly minted US citizen this past year.
2016 should be an interesting year