Another look at the gear I use; this time the most popular of all topics for many: stoves!
Stoves heat up water for backpacking. At the end of the day, that’s all they do for you.
But like any tool in the kit, one tool may work better than another tool.
Here’s my take on what stoves I use and why.
- Stove Comparison – Real World Use
- Going Stoveless – Cold Food for Thought
- Recycling containers
- Gauging fuel use for canisters
- Gas Saver for fuel containers | …and a less expensive version. Never used it. | Review | Instructions
- Moulder Strip for cold weather upright canister use.
- Dirt Bagger Winter Stove Platform
…and rather than a campfire, consider using Luci Lights for ambiance.
- Alcohol stoves reconsidered
- Hornet BRS – 3000T | Review
- Fire Maple sub 2 oz stove
- Coleman F1 review
- MSR Windpro II
- Jetboil stoves
- Fire-maple X2 Cooking System – A Jetboil type stove for fewer dollars
- MSR WhisperLite Universal (Many liquid fuels in addition to white gas and canister)
- MSR Simmerlite review
- MSR Whisperlite International