As fall goes into full swing, here are some interesting items from the past two weeks or so.
- The BLM plans a controversial move of its headquarters to Grand Junction, CO.
- Need the next climbing challenge? Why not the border wall! And you can practice the techniques, too!
- Who doesn’t like chocolate? Certainly not the people in Chaco Canyon.
- Have you ever thought how cool a floating tent might be without an anchor and where you can’t see outside? Me neither.
- New changes in store for the PCT permit system in 2020 esp for flip-floppers in the High Sierra and for south bounders.
From the Union of Concerned Scientists: “Cultivating Censorship at the National Park Service: New Acting Director Issues Controversial Memo”
Mr. Vela’s new guidance directs park staff that “comments to other agencies should be substantive, limited to areas of NPS jurisdiction and/or special expertise, and presented in appropriate tone and format.” The guidance also instructs employees to submit their comments to senior leadership in Washington in advance.