Some items I’ve found to be of interest over the past week.
- Unbelievable amount of avalanches this past year over the Intermountain West. Snowpack is through the roof and popular trails will be closed for the foreseeable future.
- In the boom-bust cycle of the American West economy, will outdoor recreation be the new economic engine for the region? And sustainably?
- Americans tend to love technical solutions. The concept of geoengineering is not new to any SciFi reader but seems to be gaining more traction in mainstream media.
- An interesting article about New England stone walls. Something that I’ve always enjoyed seeing during hikes in my native Rhode Island.
- More than one person called thru-hiking adult summer camp. UL Jerk nails it.