Another grab bag of items from the World Wide Web.
- Apparently, altitude acclimation, steep climbs, and lightning issues are not enough when hiking in Colorado during this high snow year. In this high snow year, watch out for unexploded avalanche charges, too.
- Not sure which truck to purchase for your outdoor adventures? Semi-Rad has you covered.
- Happy Earth Day! The world continues to get hot and drier esp in Alaska, the Northeast, and the American West. And that means some interesting times for outdoors people, too.
- Horseshoe Bend is perhaps the most famous example of the “Instagram” effect. And starting this month, you’ll have to pay to park at Horseshoe Bend. The well-known Hanging Lake in Colorado is another example of this effect.
- Why go to the National Parks? View the national parks on Google Maps instead and avoid all that sweat hiking.