More outdoor shenanigans …
- Living out here in Utah, this NPR news item seems esp. pertinent: “FBI Struggles To Return Artifacts Seized From Indiana Farm To Their Rightful Homes.” A book I covered before, “Finders Keepers” gives much deep background material on this topic.
- Your dog might be cool, but it is not climbing a Himalayan peak cool!
- “A long-standing effort to weaken federal authority over public land could undermine protections for countless threatened and endangered plant and animal species.” And perhaps a further indication of the trend to turn over Federal land to State and ultimately to private interests. Joan and I climbed to the Mt. Peale Research Natural Area mentioned in the article.
- An article a few months old, and one I read previously but popped up again in my feed recently: How America Uses Its Land. Fascinating!
- “The proposed Addison County trail that would link the 3,200-mile North Country National Scenic Trail with the Appalachian Trail via the Long Trail. A new U.S. Senate bill boosted this long-discussed, 40-mile trail, which would include the Trail Around Middlebury and head through the Moosalamoo National Recreation Area.”
- And finally, an interesting observation from some aliens!