I’ve been busy most of last week, but here are a few things I found interesting…
- Though the article talks about art, “The High Cost of Perfection” certainly can apply to our social media obsessed time. Is creating and capturing the perfect moment for mass consumption becoming more important than experiencing the moment itself?
- An amusing take on “don’t behave like an animal“…
- A new campaign from the ATC about keeping the Appalachian Trail, or trying to, as a pocket of wildness in an increasingly well-used and congested area.
- An interesting look at the possible future of Lake Powell, and by extension the Colorado River, as the world becomes hotter and drier.
- An interesting podcast about the effects of the recent government shutdown. Something that could happen again very soon!
- America’s Finest Newsource had some timely news about the end of the park shutdown. Of course.
- And finally…a little humor now that the shutdown is ended. For now.