Some more items I found of interest from the past week…
- Lots of Polar Vortex humor. With temps plummeting rather low, people continued to cope the best way they could..with humor!
Elsa received her just desserts!
The Ice Age Trail Alliance’s Instagram account seemed on target!
View this post on Instagram
And perhaps a different type of wall should be built???
- For the first time in three-years, magnetic north is being updated on navigation maps. The recent government shutdown delayed things bit.
- An interesting look at the remaining wilderness areas left in the world. Wild spaces are a rare, and remarkable, thing.
- A thoughtful article from SNewsNet about Walmart selling more high end outdoor items through its MooseJaw outlet. If a mass retailer sells items, does the outdoor brand “lose cred” and become less desireable? Or does broader audience get reached?
- Philip Werner of Sectionhiker.com poses a question that seems approprpos during the Winter OR weekend: Is it neccessary to always put out new gear? Or is it merely consumerism?
- Alas, looks like the government was not completely shutdown during the 35 day furlough period. The areas near Chaco will apparently be opened for oil and gas exploration. 🙁
- I had no words for this article from Cosmo entitled “14 Cute-Ass Hiking Outfits That’ll Stand Out on Any Trail”. Considering all the accomplished women outdoors people I know (including my girlfriend!), this article is a bit…er, off???
But a humorous response is always best! 😉