The license plates are starting to turn green here in town, and that means it is almost spring! As such, the Colorado Plateau is on my mind a bit…
- The current administration plans some development in the place formerly known as Bears Ears. There may or may not be a little spin-doctoring.
- A plan to put an extended road network in Canyonlands National Park never came to fruition. The Vietnam War made funds scarce, and by the 1980s, the views changed.
- A fantastic short video about “The story of the 1938 conquest of the Colorado River by ‘Buzz’ Holmstron – joined by Amos Burg and Willis Johnson – who was the first man ever to navigate the river alone in a boat.”
- And speaking of the Colorado River, climate change will adversely affect the flow of this storied river.
- The “Into The Wild bus” routinely sees visitors getting in over their heads. And local officials want to move it after the latest incident.
“Moab’s Slickrock Trail spared from energy leasing as BLM withdraws plans” Considering I just did trail work, timely news!
- Interesting insight on how, and why, mountains are renamed.